Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Earthquake in UAE (Dubai)

Attention Attention - UAE was rocked by few tremors today at around 03:08 p.m. These tremors are a knock on effect of the powerful earthquake that occurred in Bandar Abbas, Iran. measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale. The quake sent a wave of panic among the residents of Ajman, Sharjah and Dubai. Most of the high rise buildings were evacuated. I personally experienced the tremors while I was in a meeting at the Ibn Batutta mall. The sofa on which I was sitting started to slide away, but I thought it may be due to some construction work happening in the area. When I returned back to DIC, I saw most of the offices evacuated with people getting into their cars to rush back to their home. The only rumor I have heard is that an under construction bridge in Dubai Marina has collapsed. This news is yet to be confirmed. It is all fine now as people have gone back to their buildings.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin