The Egyptian crisis has moved the International media as the world focuses its attention toward a peaceful political breakthrough. The social media has played a very important role in creating awareness, organizing protests in the country, reporting various events at the rallies etc. Below is a summarized analysis of
Let us go through a few trends on the keyword #
and #Jan25: - Egypt
- Approximately 13k tweets are being tweeted on an hourly basis
- More than 3 million tweets have been tweeted on #
across the world past 1 week. Egypt
- Approximately 11k tweets are being tweeted on #Jan25 on an hourly basis
- More than 2 million tweets have been tweeted on #Jan25 across the world past 1 week.
- More than 17000 videos have been uploaded on Youtube past one week using the word #
- Sentiment Analysis on #Egypt
I also did a quick analysis on other countries where the protests against their current government is on a rise.
Yemen takes the lead on Twitter with 20k tweets past 1 week followed by # Jordan and # . Algeria
The above analysis was done use various tools available online and using Twitter and Youtube search engine data.